our business details.
Polson Higgs Wealth Management Limited (FSP 26381), trading as phwealth, holds a licence issued by the Financial Markets Authority to provide financial advice. All our advisers are registered Financial Advisers operating under phwealth licence. phwealth is also a licenced provider of a Discretionary Investment Management Service (DIMS).
the services we provide.
- Financial advice
- Investment advice
- Financial planning
More detailed information about our services can be found here.
- Financial planning – understanding what is important to you, determining your current position and developing a written financial plan to assist you in achieving your objectives.
- Retirement modelling - modelling your future cash flow needs using Monte Carlo.
- Discretionary Investment Management Services – preparing an Investment Policy Statement with our recommended investment policy and specific underlying investments, ongoing monitoring of those investments and regular reviews with you to keep up to date.
- Estate planning – A review of the main aspects of your estate planning strategy, and where appropriate, referral to suitably qualified legal or estate expert for specific advice.
- Risk management/insurance – where appropriate we will refer you to specialist brokers.
- Charitable groups – Investment policy advice & implementation for charitable groups.
products we advise on.
- Managed investment funds and exchange traded funds (ETFs) available to be distributed in New Zealand.
- KiwiSaver and superannuation schemes
We are not restricted to any organisation’s products other than they meet our requirements.
We charge fees for advice and services we provide. We will discuss and agree the actual fees with you in writing once we know what your needs are, before we proceed, and explain how they are payable. The types of fees that may apply:
- We quote a fee in advance for written advice and financial This fee is payable by the client by the 20th of the month following the written advice planning.
- We charge a fee for implementing investment advice and placing client funds into the markets as a percentage of the funds invested (0.1% to 0.5%), depending on dollar amount invested. We charge a fee for implementing investment advice and placing client funds into the markets as a percentage of the funds invested.
- An investment management and monitoring fee is charged and paid monthly to phwealth within the administration service as a percentage of funds under advice.
- An administration fee is charged by the custodian as a percentage of funds under advice and paid monthly within the administration service.
- There are costs involved with most financial transactions and these are paid to either the investment fund or the share broker as part of the transaction.
More detailed information about our fees can be found in our Service Disclosure Statement and Investment Proposal.
conflicts of interest and other relationships.
Our clients’ interests are our priority. We act as fiduciaries to all our clients.
We have business relationships with fund managers and providers of services we outsource to. From time to time, we take part in conferences and professional development training with these parties but always at our own expense other than occasional refreshments provided on the day.
All our financial advisers undergo annual training about managing conflicts of interest. All our advisers are salary-paid employees of phwealth and may qualify for an annual bonus based on a wide range of factors. Advisers Rhodes Donald, Jared Campbell and Shiree Hembrow are minority shareholders of Polson Higgs Wealth Management Limited and may therefore receive dividends, if paid. Neither phwealth nor its advisers receive any other remuneration from any other party other than fees from our clients, except for one KiwiSaver provider.
The employees of phwealth, their families and friends also invest via the phwealth DIMS alongside our clients. To this extent we have an interest, but our rationale is based on the investment philosophy, not on any obvious or direct gain we might receive.
feedback, complaints and dispute resolution.
We strive to continuously improve our services and standards and we welcome your feedback. If you are not happy with any part of our advice or service, please contact your adviser or Rhodes Donald (Managing Director) on 027 223 8520. We will look to fix things quickly. Please see our detailed Feedback and Complaints Handling Process.
competence, knowledge and skill.
phwealth and our advisers have duties under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 relating to the way we give advice. We put your interests first, manage conflicts of interest, constantly improve our knowledge and skill in all relevant areas including ethical behaviour and adhere to the financial advisers Code of Conduct.